2015 Places of Amnesia Conference
We are excited to announce our very first conference Places of Amnesia on April 5-6th 2016 at Cambridge University!
The symposium will feature a keynote by Carlo Ginzburg and a workshop on methodologies, alongside paper presentations and discussions.
We aim to organise the panels along the following areas:
1. Places of Amnesia: theoretical framework
2. Places of Amnesia and critical theory
3. Transitional justice and amnesia
4. Places of Amnesia in Holocaust studies
5. The socialist past as place of amnesia
6. Postcolonial amnesia
7. Representations of amnesia in literature, art and film
If you are interested in presenting a paper at this conference, please submit an abstract of no longer than 300 words, as well as a short bio. The proposal could focus on one of the areas specified above or propose new directions, and could contain theoretic and/or methodological considerations on how to conceptualize places of amnesia. Proposals with a comparative perspective are also welcome.
Please send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2015.
This event is organised with the support of CEELBAS and the School of Arts and Humanities (Cambridge).